Experiencing withdrawals now that Kate and Will's wedding is over? Put on your royal thinking cap and test your knowledge of dog breeds and English royalty.
1. Kate Middleton may have only just become royalty but her pup, Otto, has already made a royal mistake—what’s his breed?
2. What type of princely pooch belongs to Prince William?
3. Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, has double the trouble—or fun—with her two dogs. What breed are they?
4. What type of pooch does Queen Elizabeth prefer?
5. This dog outlived his master, King Edward VII. What was his breed?
6. Queen Victoria had a gravestone made for her dog. What breed was it?
Comment with your guesses! Answers revealed on Monday's post. Good luck!
Here's a fun "cat" quiz!
1. My cat won't use the litter box because he/she is rebellious and wants to make me mad.
2. My cat scratches the furniture to:
A. Mark territory
B. All of these
C. Stretch muscles
D. Shed nail sheaths
3. What's the purpose in why my cat "kneads"?
A. A sign of being hungry
B. A sign of aggressiveness
C. A sign of affection
D. A sign of being unhappy
4. My cat leaves objects such as his/her toys in his/her food or water bowls just to drive me crazy.
5.Why does my cat suddenly bite me in an aggressive manner when I'm petting him/her?
A. My cat is mean
B. None of these
C. My cat doesn't like affection
D. My cat doesn't want to be petted anymore
6. My cat purrs only when he/she is happy and relaxed.
7. Is it normal for my cat to exhibit body movements during sleep?
8.Why does my cat insist on playing and ransacking the house after I have gone to bed?
A. My cat wants me to get up
B. My cat is a nocturnal creature
C. My cat likes to annoy me
D. None of these
9. Why does my cat scratch the floor around his/her food and water bowls after eating as if to cover it up?
A. To hide it
B. Doesn't like its location
C. It smells bad
D. None of these
10. Why does my indoor cat attack me or my other indoor cat(s) when he/she sees an unknown cat outdoors?
A. My cat is most likely showing he/she is in control
B. My cat is most likely showing displaced fear
C. My cat thinks of me or my other cat(s) as prey
D. My cat is most likely showing displaced aggression
1. B 2. B 3. C 4. B 5. D
6. B 7. A 8. B 9. A 10. D
You've heard the phrase "You learn something new everyday". Sometimes it's a cute little tidbit, sometimes it's something life changing and somethings can be put in the catagory of "too much information". I am afraid what I am about to share with you is going to fit into the last catagory. Today I learned how a cat drinks water and for some reason I found it very interesting. I have never studied how my not-so-petite Ragdoll cat drinks. She is not the most graceful thing to roam the earth and she always sounds like she's drowning when lapping water, but I had noticed that she always laps in a pattern of 3. Lick, lick, lick... lick, lick, lick... lick, lick, lick. Today I learned that when a cat drinks, they don't scoop their water like a dogs does (which seems the most logical way to do it, but who am I to argue with a cat), instead, they bend their tongue backwards so the tip is pointed towards their chin, pulling the liquid into their mouth. The reason for the pattern of three is that a cat will only swallow after several laps have accumulated enough liquid in the mouth. There you go...you now have more information than you ever wanted about a cat's tongue.
Sorry I wasn't right back with the wackiest cat names posted by VPI Pet Insurance. I know you were all waiting at the edge of your seats! The plague hit our home this week and we were a bit under the weather. Not to worry, all of the four-leggers are happy and healthy! Here we go...
Watts In A Name
Chenoa Azure Marshmellow-Puff
Eskimo Ebony Heather Feather
Alexander the Grey
Lord Meow Mix
Miss Tuxedo Puss
Aziza Star Rocket
Itty Bitty Kitty
Ck Puss Puss
Kitty Peepers Mcdaid
Whats your favorite? After the holiday season, I'm thinking I might have to change my name to Jiggly Puff or Chunky Butt!
I love-love-love this! VPI (Veterinary Pet Insurance) just put out 2010's Top 50 Wackiest Pet Names. These are actual pet's names that have policies with VPI and will definately make you giggle. Way to go for thinking outside of the box when naming your furry friends!
Pickle Von CornDog
Lord Chubby Pruneface
Atilla the Honey
Chuck of Love
Oliver with a Twist
Winnie the Pooch
Lady Chuckles of West Oak
Senor Chilli Pepper
Mary Louise Barker
Manly Man Sanders
Bruce Bruce Big John
Liddle Biddy Bit
Hon. Mr. Jack Jack
Do you have a dog with a unique name? Share it with us! Cats' names coming tomorrow! :)